Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September Photo a Day Week 4+

September Photo a Day inspired by Fat Mum Slim



9/22
Up

Don't be discouraged
I can see a thousand possibilities
in every smile of yours
you are more beautiful than I could ever tell you
Remember you are loved.
Author Unknown
Kitchi Gammi Park



9/23
Before bedtime

Just part of the bedtime ritual.



9/24
3 things

Riley doesn't actually really care to listen to these records, but likes carrying them around the house. This day  the purple one (not shown) even made it to the car. She often has a favorite toy of the day that she has to bring with her. I'm surprised at how few toys we've actually lost because of this.



9/25
Frame

Frame cemetery. My brother made some of these frames to highlight his art at art festivals. I've always meant to give them a fresh coat of paint and display some of my pictures in them. Maybe that should be my first project now that the art table/desk is installed in the basement.



9/26
Near

We've been thinking about painting the bedroom so Jesse picked up paint samples. I was taking pictures of the ones I liked best when this little ham bone ran up and said "cheese!" I decided to take a picture of us instead which turns out to be a better reflection of the prompt 'near'. I thought I was near a decision with the blue paint, but looks like we've decided to keep the walls red. We did make a decision on bedding though. I can't wait to add this to our bedroom.



9/27
Love/hate

I love working downtown for so many reasons, but sometimes wish I didn't have to deal with the hassle of it. I love taking the bus and not having to worry about driving in traffic or paying for parking. I love the me time I have on the bus to read. I love all the food options there are downtown (including food trucks) for when I don't bring a lunch. I love people watching, the variety, the diversity, but I also hate all the weirdos (I've been called nasty names before). I dislike when I have to drive (leaving downtown during rush hour blows). I dislike having so many food options because I often make bad food choice... Love. Hate.



9/28
A good thing

Friday night and no food in the fridge meant that I decided to go get food from McCoys. Riley and Jesse weren't hungry so this was all me. I decided to bring Riley with to pick up my burger and grilled veggies as Jesse had been home with Riley all day. She insisted on helping me carry the bag of food. It was nice to hang out with my girl, to get some food that I did not have to make, and to have my kid offer to help me. This would have been even better if I walked over to the nearby park to eat and let Riley run off some energy before bed. Hmm... sounds like a good excuse to go back there next Friday.


9/29
Errand

I decided not to take a picture today. It was Saturday and I had to work and taking a picture felt like an errand in itself... something I did not want to do. I like this picture a day project, but I see it coming to an end... or at least that I will take a break from it for a bit. It seems that a lot of my pictures are taken in the evening and my flash just broke (insert frustrated grumbling) so I don't want to subject you to crappy lighted pictures. I thought this project would be a good way to share the story of our week, but I don't think that's always true. Sometimes people are just stuck looking at a stack of uninteresting frames or something.


9/30
You, then

I'm not sure how old I was here, but I took tap and ballet between the ages of 3 and 7. I can't recall the name of my teacher, but she was a positive female support piece during that time of my life as my parents divorced when I was three. My dad had custody of me during that time and then remarried when I was 7. My teacher is long gone, but I often walk by her house (which is right around the corner from mine) and think of all the fond memories I have of my time there.

Can you tell which one is me? I'm second from the left in the front row.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.