Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Each year we rotate which family we visit on Thanksgiving. It's far too chaotic to try to fit in both sides on one day so this seems like the fairest thing to do. This year we went to Jesse's side which usually varies in the number of people, but is always small in comparison to my side of the family. This year it was Jesse, Riley, myself, and Jesse's mom, Suzie, and her fiance, Michael. I have to admit this sometimes feels strange since I grew up with 20 - 30 people at each of my family's holiday gatherings. I like the coziness of the small family, but there is something comforting about having a big family as well. I have to admit that sometimes this makes me rethink my decision to only have one child. It hasn't changed that decision, but it certainly makes me think twice about it.

Riley headed right for her chair as soon as we walked in the door at grandma and grandpa's house and asked for her spoon. I thought that meant she was hungry, but she didn't really eat that much. Doesn't she know what Thanksgiving is all about? I mean, besides all the 'thanking' and stuff.



Apparently Jesse is blessing the food... or falling asleep standing up.

After dinner most of us headed out for a walk to the park since the weather was so nice (Michael took advantage of the weather by going on a motorcycle ride).


Going through the tilted tunnel.



This slide was a little steep so Daddy had to help out.


Swinging didn't last long. The tunnel and slide were far to exciting.


This is the only 'big' slide I've seen her go down comfortably on her own. Perhaps it is because you really don't slide down it. She actually had to skootch herself down the whole thing. She loved it and did it over and over and over!



The next day Jesse, Riley and I headed over to my dad's house for a visit with my uncle Stanley and aunt Doris who stopped by for a couple hours while they were in town. They are perhaps some of the nicest people I know so it was great to get to see them even if it was for a short time.


Dad, Doris and my dad's little brother, Stanley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.