Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Project 52 - Rainbow Park - Week 11

11/52

It's not often that I go on a walk by myself on a Sunday morning. Usually my people are with me, but this past week they went on a bike ride. My body wasn't up to that, plus it was super windy. I could have stayed in my pajamas, but felt like I should be doing something so I headed outside. I didn't get far before I ran into Jesse and Riley. Apparently, they also thought it was too windy so they were headed home. I headed forward though, and had a couple cameras with me - my Nikon D7100, and the Zeuss Ikonta 521/16. The Ikonta is a film camera from the late 1940's/early 1950's that I've been playing with lately. I have a collection of old cameras and finally decided to use some of them. This one was gifted to me by a co-worker. Her father had an interest in photography and when he passed away she said she wanted me to have one of his cameras. I was really honored, and until last week it sat with the rest of my cameras on display. I don't have any pictures from that camera here, because I don't even know if it really works, or if my pictures turned out... and the pictures take a week to develop so I won't have anything for while. Lol. How did we ever survive without the immediate satisfaction of the digital camera? (Side note: my dad's friend donated some old cameras to me this week! I'm going to have to buy another cabinet for my growing collection.)

At any rate, my walk day eventually got up to 70 degrees, but it was gloomy, a little chilly, and as mentioned above, windy in the morning. Everything looked a little grey - not anything that I initially thought would make 'pretty' pictures, but then I was struck by all the different textures, patterns, and bright against blah that was around me. It felt a little like a challenge - how can I make any of this interesting or picture worthy? They may not be the most stunning pictures, but what I like about them is that they capture a part of our life. I can't quite remember the name of this park (Louisiana Oaks, maybe?), but that's no matter because we call it 'Rainbow Park' which is way more fitting. We spend a lot of time walking around the path here, playing at one of the three playgrounds nearby, checking out the Christmas lights in the winter, and sometimes we'll even hit the splash pad up the hill in the summer.





Chimes


Manually focused through a floor to get this effect.

Reminds me of playing softball as a kid. I wonder what sports Riley will end up playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.