Friday, April 29, 2016

Project 52 - Lashes - Week 17

17/52

Jesse was in South Dakota for 5 days and took my camera with him. What to do? Do I skip this week? Do I use my point and shoot? Do I plan on taking a picture during one of the 2 days he would be back? Luckily, I didn't try very hard to sell my old Nikon D80 camera and decided to pull that out. While I love my new camera, it was fun to play with the one in which I learned so much about photography on.


While Jesse was gone Riley had gymnastics, an overnight at her grandparents which included going to a church festival, a birthday party at the Roller Gardens, and swim class. Girl was busy.

I was busy too. Besides being the parent on duty for most of the time Jesse was gone, I took advantage of the time Riley was gone too. I ran a bunch of errands, went for a walk and saw a bunch of kites, worked on the yard, and watched Purple Rain (and all sorts of other Prince related videos).

I sure did miss my people, but I loved having a little me time too. Riley was also a rock star while Jesse was gone so she made everything so much easier. Really loving this age with her.

Other pictures from last weekend...








Kite cemetery


We went to the Roller Garden for the second weekend in a row for another birthday party. The previous week, some kid told her that they learned to roller skate by crouching down so Riley pretty much only skated that way unless I walked around with her holding her hand.






She didn't seem to care that she was the only one doing this. She had fun and that's all that mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.