Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wawaa!

This weekend was far more entertaining than last weekend. Sunday, we started the day off by going to the farmer's market early hoping to beat the heat. No such luck. It was hot and super steamy out at 8:00 am. We picked up a number of items, mostly fresh veggies, that I made a delish dinner with later in the day. (I talked about Saturday in a different post.)

After coming home from the farmer's market, napping, and eating we braved walking to the water park. Thankfully, there was a breeze and some clouds so it wasn't as painfully hot as I anticipated. This was the second time at this water park. Last time Jesse videotaped Riley, but this time he brought the camera to get some still shots. I would show you the videos, but I have yet to get the video editing program loaded on to my computer so all the videos still sit on the video camera... waiting to be watched.

Riley was a bit hesitant at the water park at first, but then became a little braver. It was nice to have Jesse capture the fun we had today.


These little water spouts are just the right size for her... and far enough away from the scary and unpredictible water cannons.




She loved trying to step on the water to stop the flow. A couple times she stepped right over it and had the water hit her in the butt. After the shock of it she thought it was pretty funny.


You can't really tell this above, but that water was streaming down pretty hard. I didn't think she would appreciate me running her through this, but I think it helped that I was holding her and guiding her face through open spots. Above she debates if she wants to go through again.

'Let's do this Mommy!'



Truthfully, this was as much fun (if not more) for me as it was for Riley. It's so nice to have an excuse to go run through water like a kid. Adults don't usually allow themselves the luxury of this kind of behavior. It was fun to look around and see the adults soaked and having fun. Now if I can just get Jesse to wear his swim trunks next time. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.