Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Saturday was a very busy day yet it felt like we didn't get anything done.

Except take some pictures, of course.

Mommy may or may not have been tickling me here.

Saturday morning we went to Building Material Outlet, aka BMO. We were looking at tile for our kitchen as we may not go with simple white subway tile for the back splash. I was pretty sold on it, but Jesse thought it would be too much white. Last weekend we went to another tile store and found a couple tiles that we both liked. One was actually a smaller white subway tile, but the face of the tile was wavy. The other was a mosaic brown rectangle glass tile. I like them both, but they are drastically more expensive than the original plan. So we are shopping around and thought we might be able to find a deal there. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything we were interested in for the back splash. We did find tile we might like for the floor, but we weren't ready to buy.

We planned for our weekend to be filled with looking for tile and lighting (besides the regular stuff - watch the kid, clean the house...). What we hadn't planned was that we would be looking at cars. We bought our car almost a year and a half ago in a whirlwind weekend when I was almost 7 months pregnant. It was the weekend before Thanksgiving, and our one and only car broke down. Luckily we had been discussing buying a new car since we had a baby on the way so we had a handful of cars we were interested in. After checking out all the cars on the list we settled on a 2007 Mazda CX-7 in Black Cherry. We thought we got a pretty good deal on it as it had low miles, was leased to only one person, still had a warranty and had a reasonable price. Since purchasing the car we have brought it in to be serviced numerous times. It certainly seemed like it was more than it should have been, but we were just grateful it was under warranty. After the warranty ran out Jesse decided to run a carfax report where we discovered that it had been in an accident 10 months before we purchased it. The report we received from the dealership said that it had not been in an accident. Needless to say we were a bit upset. Jesse went to the dealership this weekend to try and resolve this since he really didn't want to keep this 'lemon' anymore. They stated that they were willing to do a trade in and bump up the trade in price a little bit. We are still in negotiation over what this price will be, but we did start to look at some car options.

Later in the day we made a trip to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.