Monday, October 10, 2011

Week in review

This past has been like any other week. Work, work, work... and then an all too short weekend. Weekends usually entail cleaning the house, getting outside, and possibly doing something fun or new. During the work, work, work week I was pretty busy, but I was able to get a few pictures taken of Riley. She had a new shirt on so that seemed like a good enough excuse to pull out the camera.


I should probably make a better effort of cleaning her face before taking pictures.


She looks so grown up here! Where did baby Riley go?


She ran back and forth, back and forth... with this phone tailing behind her.


Daddy's shoes are so much easier to slip on.


A couple nights before the above pictures were taken Riley had a rough night sleeping. She got up at 2:30 am and didn't fall back to sleep until just before 6 am. And when she fell asleep it was on her belly... on her floor. With me on the floor right in front of her. As a laid there, exhausted, I heard my alarm go off in the next room where Jesse had just returned himself. I decided to leave my kid on the floor and crawl back in my bed to sleep. There was no way I was going into work in my sleep deprived state. Plus, what was I supposed to do with Riley? "Sorry kid, I know you just fell asleep, but now you have to go to daycare." I don't think so.

Jesse and I both crashed only to hear Riley's sweet little voice asking for us about an hour and a half later. I guess it was enough sleep to make me functional, but the real surprise was how great a mood Riley was in. "Hey kid, do you remember being up half the night crying?"

The next couple nights went well, but then we had a couple more rough nights. Luckily they weren't as bad as that first night, but still trying. Oddly, it seemed that the worse sleep she got the better mood she was in this week. Good sleep = fussy kid. This made for a challenging weekend since she seemed a little borderline all weekend. And because Mommy needs to keep her sanity I allowed Elmo and the gang to entertain my kid more than I usual. I can't always be perfect, right?


Just being a ham bone.


Evil Mommy just turned Cookie Monster off. Here she repeatedly whines "Cookie, Cookie, Cookie...".


My dad gave me this wagon way before Jesse and I talked of having a kid (perhaps even before Jesse existed in my life). I finally pulled it out and dusted it off. She really, really liked it.


These blocks also came from my dad. Some of them might have been mine as a kid, but most look like they are in far too good of shape so they probably were toys for other grandkids. Riley just got into playing with them as she is really into numbers and letters. I tried recording her singing the Alphabet song, but true to form I didn't actually record her. I did record the lid of the toilet for 4 minutes while Riley was bathing. I even recorded the audio of when she ended up pooping in the tub. Good stuff. I am so saving this to share with her first boyfriend.

One of the projects I wanted to complete this weekend was to install book shelves for Riley's nook. In my last post I mention that I found this great idea to use Ikea spice racks as book shelves. I am happy to report that I actually accomplished this task. I was thinking about painting them white, but I think I might keep them in their natural form.


I love how they turned out.


And so does Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.