Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Jesse and I decided long ago that we would rotate years for Thanksgiving at each of our families instead of stuffing food into our bellies at two locations. As much as we would love to see both of our families we also want to have a nice relaxing holiday not running from north to south suburbs. This year we spent Thanksgiving in the north with my family at my brother Barry's house. Like most families we eat a lot of food and hang out watching football, but we also have a little game of touch football to start out the activities. I've never actually played for some reason... someone has to take pictures, right?

The day was supposed to be unseasonably warm (like last year), but the weather turned shortly after lunch time and progressively got nippier... and by the time we left in the late afternoon it was snowing. Such an odd weather day. We dressed for the 50 or so degrees it was when we left around noon and found ourselves clearly under-dressed by the time the game started about an hour later. 

Staying warm in the van before the game.

Buddy

How did my 84 year old dad end up being the one on his knees setting up the field?


I don't even want to know why Joe and Shane look so disgusted.



The playground next to the field kept the kids busy until the game started.















Not only was it cold, and windy, but it was nap time. While on the playground we had some pretty epic meltdowns (god forbid I step more than a foot away from Riley), but eventually I was able to convince her to watch the football game. At first she sat cuddling with me (which was so fantastic - love snuggle time), but then she decided to tackle me over and over and over. Whatever, she was happy and I was able to snap pictures while being attacked. 





Brothers

A little halftime break


Seriously? Why can't I remember what was happening in these pictures?




Riley is a little scared of dogs she doesn't know (I blame the vicious barking dogs that live next door to us) so she wanted nothing to do with Buddy, but she was all about hanging out in his cage. She and her cousins spent a fair amount of time playing in here and it was a little hard to get her to leave it. Who knew a dog cage would entertain my kid for hours. Santa? Are you reading this?









What a great way to celebrate together. And a big thanks to Barry and LaRaa for hosting!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.