Monday, July 15, 2013

July 2013 | Photo a Day | Week 2

Week two of Photo a Day has continued to challenge me - mostly because I am taking all these pictures with the iPad. Doing so limits when I can take pictures and makes me feel silly when I do pull the iPad out in an attempt to catch a moment. At any rate, I still ended up getting a picture every day so there is that. 


7.8.13
Path

Recently, I looked back at some of the pictures I took last year for this challenge and I came across some of the same prompts. Turns out we were camping last year when this one came up and there were plenty of paths near us. I suppose I could have gotten really creative with this one, but all I could think of in terms of a 'path' was a hallway at work or a sidewalk. This seemed way more interesting than the drab hallways at work and I worked in a way to show off my polka dotted dress. 



7.9.13
Three things

I'm used to working a later shift one day a week, but recently work has change that shift by a half hour. As in, I start and end a half hour later. You wouldn't think that would be a big deal, but its amazing what a half hour will do for you. What does this have to do with wine? Not much, but it sure makes that late night a little easier to swallow.



7.10.13
Smooth

This is one of those prompts I struggled with. I had a hard time figuring out what picture I wanted to capture and in the end it was right in front of me as I sat outside with my kid as she played. I've been loving these summer nights where we can hang outside for a bit without the bugs bothering us too much. Riley has even asked to eat dinner outside multiple times. Fine by me. 



7.11.13
I wore this!

I'm not sure why this prompt has an exclamation mark. I mean, I took pictures of what I wore, but feel like I let this prompt down because my outfit wasn't necessarily exclamation worthy. And most of the day I just had that red blanket (lower left picture) draped over me as I attempted to stay warm at work.



7.12.13
A bad habit

Not to sound all perfect or anything, but this was a hard one to identify. I eat generally well (perhaps some more veggies and fruit could make it into my diet), I exercise, I have a drink here and there, but not that often... so this is the best I could come up with. I spend way too much time in front of a computer. Granted this is my job, but I could at least leave it over lunch. And I actually did this day after eating. Just taking this picture has made me more mindful this week about sitting here for too long. 



7.13.13
4 o'clock

This has been a less than favorite week when it came to body pain. Lots of aches and pains and low level migraines, but this day the headache was worse and it was apparent I might have a virus coming on as indicated by the itchy sore throat I had. Jesse and Riley were napping upstairs and I decided to do a round of yoga nidra and of course fell asleep too. I woke up moments before taking this picture and was in total nap fog.



7.14.13
Edible

My new favorite meal (see 7.12.13 for additional proof). English muffin, hummus, feta, avocado, and tomato. Also suggested: fresh basil. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.