Friday, October 11, 2013

School pictures

This past Wednesday was picture day at Riley's school. I am not a huge school picture fan as (from my experience) they don't look all that great and cost a lot for what you get, but I still wanted them. It's fun to see the years documented in that way.

We picked our picture backgrounds (the required 'fall landscape' and a plain cream one) and even bought a new outfit. Riley picked out her owl dress and grey boots and seemed excited for picture day. As with most of our personal pictures she said she was going to make a happy face and a silly face.

That morning I took my own pictures before she left for school and I'm glad I did because it turns out that she refused to have her picture taken. I think she was a little intimidated by the set up and just lost it. I was a little bummed, but got over it fast. I got my pictures and ultimately I want my kid to be happy. If taking school pictures was out of her comfort zone so be it. 


Riley's not into clothes that much, but was asking to wear these boots every day.


And once she discovered these pockets she was loving them. "Hey dad, look at my pockets."



Always with the mouth open.


And always with the silly face. This kid is truly a ham.

So maybe next year we'll get school pictures, but if not? I'm pretty sure we'll have enough pictures to document her over the years. No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.