Friday, October 4, 2013

Senior Photo Shoot

This past weekend I had the pleasure of taking my niece's senior pictures. JoLynn is such an easy going, go with the flow young woman that it made this so easy and fun which I hope shows through in these pictures. Plus she has an amazing smile and gorgeous eyes! How could I mess this up?

I have to admit I was nervous that these wouldn't turn out, and while they aren't perfect I couldn't have asked for a better model to 'practice' on. I have a lot to learn about taking pictures, about my camera, and about post processing (and then there is my ongoing concern that something isn't quite right with my camera), but I think these turned out pretty good.

If I had to do it over I would have tweaked some of my settings and waited a half hour for slightly better lighting, but enough about that... this post is here to show off JoLynn. Enjoy.


















Seriously, this was a great experience for me and I hope JoLynn enjoyed it too. I'd love to get more practice as just this small experience kicked my butt into gear to learn a few new things about photography. Really. I need more practice and more people to practice on.

And I can't forget to mention that October is Spina Bifida Awareness Month. As you likely noticed, JoLynn is in a wheelchair which is because she has Spina Bifida. In her words " Spina Bifida is the most common and devastating neural tube birth defect, occurring in 1 in every 1000 live births. Spina Bifida has made my life very difficult and hard to handle at times, but nonetheless I thank God every day for it. It makes me stronger and helps me to touch people's lives in ways I would never be able to without it! I wouldn't change my Spina Bifida for the world."

Did I mention how amazing she is?

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME PHOTOS!!!! If you've never thought of doing this on the side, I think you should. These look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I need to practice a lot more, but I would love to do this on the side. In the meantime, I am willing to practice on those that will let me. It was nice to take pictures of someone other than Riley who doesn't sit still for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some really great pictures! The ones where she is looking up into the camera are the most stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Love to see your comments.