Saturday, October 17, 2015

Project 52 - Mississippi River -Week 41

41/52

I took the day off of work on Thursday Since Riley didn't have school. We spent some time in Northeast Minneapolis down by the Mississippi River. We had a bunch of errands to run, but I wanted to do something off the beaten path with my girl. We tried to have a picnic nearby, but the area with the picnic tables was cold and windy.


We quickly ate, but I still wanted to show Riley this hidden bridge that I thought she'd get a kick out of before we left. As we headed to the bridge, Riley noticed another path that led to an area below the bridge and wanted to explore. Love this kid's adventurous spirit in these sorts of moments.


We walked down to the river in an area that I'd never actually explored before. It was a rough patch of a beach - a place where people come after dark I imagine. But for us, it was a nice little spot filled with rocks for throwing in the river.


Riley loves throwing rocks in water and could have stayed here for hours. We may have too if it was a little warmer and we didn't have other things to accomplish for the day. I promised her we'd come back with her dad and explore the area even more. Days like this make me wish we had all the time in the world to explore and go on adventures together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.