Thursday, August 11, 2016

Project 52 - Playing with Light - Week 32

32/52

I'm in my last week of my photography class. It has been challenging me to photograph with different light which has been a lot of fun. I've photographed in hard light, back light, captured sunbeams, used a plastic baggy to create a dreamy feel, used artificial light (my least favorite by far in the past) and more. It's gotten me out of my comfort zone and caused me to take even more pictures, but in a more mindful way.

My neighbor who suggested this class has already talked me into another class. Okay, she didn't really have to talk me into it. I was already looking at it when she suggested it to me so it was like a sign that I had to sign up.


Hard light


Shooting through a baggy / back light


Artificial light


Riley has also been joining me on this journey by letting me take a zillion pictures of her and she's been taking pictures herself. She gets excited when we try something new, and she also notices things like lighting and poses on her own... we went out shooting pictures together and I was amazed at the things she stopped to take pictures of. My favorite was when she decided to take a picture of me since I'm so rarely in pictures. 


I'm not sure how or if this will change my photography in the end, but I'm enjoying the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.