Friday, November 18, 2016

Project 52 - Lebanon Hills Park - Week 46

46/52

Jesse's birthday was last week and I had planned to take him and Riley up to the North Shore, but we worried that the weather might be too cold to really enjoy it with Riley. Instead, Jesse suggested we take Riley to a local indoor water park and then to a movie. I had to remind him that it was his birthday, and not Riley's, but that's what he wanted to do. Such a dad.

I took Friday off so Jesse and I could still get some nature time into the weekend. We headed off to Lebanon Hills park for an afternoon hike. It was a beautiful day to get outside so I'm glad we made this happen. We spent about an hour and a half hiking and it made me realize that my body isn't what it once was... and that I may need a knee replacement surgery one day.

That night we stayed at the Radisson/Mall of America Water Park where Riley was delighted to have her own room with a bunk bed and TV. We spent time at the water park that night and in the morning. When you stay at the hotel, you get access to the water park 2 hours early which was worth it because this place gets busy fast. We had a lot of fun and I didn't even attempt to take pictures here as there was water everywhere.

On Saturday, we met Jesse's mom for lunch and then she ended up taking Riley overnight and to see Trolls while we went to see The Accountant. It was the perfect little birthday celebration.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.