Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August Photo a Day Week 1

August Photo a Day inspired by Fat Mum Slim


On this morning I made a quick stop home after a doctor appointment and before work. I've had a cough for about 7 weeks now that just won't go away. As I suspected, I was told that I just have to wait it out. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened to me and I am guessing it won't be the last. It's getting a little old (and I'm sure my co-workers are sick of hearing me hack all day), but I know it will go away... eventually.


The one and only Riley. The one and only child we plan to have.


Woot! Jesse and I got to have a date night this day as grandma and grandpa said they would take Riley and keep her overnight. We decided to go out to dinner and selected to head into Uptown on a Friday night. That's just downright crazy for us as we try to avoid crowds, especially when there is a good chance we'd have to wait for seating at a restaurant.

Turns out it was also the start of the Uptown Art Fair. If we had known that we would have stayed far, far away. But luckily we found parking without issue and were seated right away at Primebar (above). I had the cedar plank pecan crusted salmon and Jesse had a cornbread salad. Delish. We then went home and played a game of Jaipur (which we've had forever, but it was the first time we played it) while sitting on the deck. The night was topped off with watching the Olympics while in bed. It felt like such a decadent night (or for those without kids... a regular ol' night).

Somewhere you sat

My wonderful night before with my husband was overshadowed by a sucky Saturday. My dad was supposed to meet us at our house to help us with some stuff at our rental property, but his truck wouldn't start. So we headed out to my dad's for the first time that day and then went to the rental property. Luckily, we were able to get a lot done without any issue and headed back to my dad's to drop him off. We couldn't stay and help him with the truck as we had to go to Prior lake to get the kid before nap time, but I promised to come back later if he needed help.

We got Riley home later than her usual nap time and she decided she was going to cease to live if she couldn't watch TV. Seeing it was 2 and nap time is usually at 12:30 or 1:00 TV was not in the cards. She flipped out and cried so hard that she was practically choking. She thrashed around causing us to worry about her safety. Eventually, we took her outside and sat on the front steps to calm her down.

Luckily it worked so I stepped inside to check my email while Jesse was outside with her. Turns out my new renters of 4 days, 4 DAYS!, emailed to say that they did not feel safe in their new home and would be moving out. Wha?! Seriously! I totally want people to feel safe, but also was so perturbed that they were pulling this. I agreed to let them out of their lease only if I found replacement renters. At that point Riley was calm enough that I was able to get her down for a nap, but my dad called shortly after that so I had to head out to his house for a 3rd time that day to take him to get a new battery.

So where I sat? Seemed like I was in the car all day long with three trips to my dad's house in one day and numerous trips elsewhere. I was so over being in the car. I was so over this day.


Jesse bought Riley these new Nike's (hello 1980's!). Turns out her feet keep growing and she now is in a size 8, but close to a 9 (and yet still fits into some size 7's). My baby's getting so big.


My aunt Marian lives in San Diego so it is rare when I get to see her, but we have been writing to each other lately. We've been talking about our family history and she was glad to receive recent information I had researched. I am terrible at writing people when it doesn't involve email (and I probably suck at that too), but I try my best to write her as much as I can.

8 O'clock

Here we are heading out to the rental property to show the unit one last time to new prospective renters. I already have a good pool of renters to choose from so it will be a hard decision. I took Riley with me instead of taking her to daycare so I could spend some time with her. It's sort of a lot to ask a toddler to patiently walk through a house multiple times without touching anything or making too much noise, but she was was a superstar. She even said "bye" and "thank you" to people as they left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.