Saturday, September 28, 2013

Photo a Day | September 2013 | Weeks 2 and 3

Ah yeah, this photo a day post is only almost three weeks late. And covers two weeks. Whatever. It's here. Enjoy. 




9.9.13
On the wall

This is my dad at 17 years old. My brother was an artist and drew this from a picture I have of my dad. My brother's nickname was Cowboy so he almost always added cowboy hats into his pictures. They are quite a challenge to find, but you always know how many are in the picture by the roman numeral after his signature. This pictures hangs next to one of my mom where she's about the same page.



9.10.13
Sweet

Leftover candy from something Riley and I went to. So long ago that I can't even remember (Olivia's b-day party?). I'm not much of a candy person (except for chocolate - more chocolate please) so much of the candy Riley acquires at parties and parades get thrown in the trash... after Jesse picks out his fav's. Is this bad? I guess it's better than in our bellies.



9.11.13
What you did today

I worked from home! I'll likely write a post on this turn of events, but after a 9 month journey I was finally approved for an adjusted work schedule. I didn't ask for what I ended up with, but am quite happy with how it turned out. It's a big change and I miss seeing my team every day, but I think it will help in the end.




9.12.13
Shadow

Sigh. Not happy with this one. I mean... just look at it. Lame-O. I had ideas! Plans! I was going to be so creative! But the day got away from me and this one had to do. Meh.




9.13.13
Unexpected

My husband works from home on Friday so I figured we might hang out a little during lunch time, but he was nice enough to go get lunch for us. We even got to follow it up with a walk before I had to get back to work. And yet another bonus to working from home.



9.14.13
Liquid

I've had some body stuff going on lately - pain stuff - that's been keeping me from doing strength training at the gym. For almost 3 months, I was walking and stretching, but nothing else. I didn't even feel up to my regular yoga class (Vinyasa Flow). But I finally felt enough relief (thank you arm for no longer feeling numb after 2 months) so I worked in a little strength training (but still stretching as I am about to do above).



9.15.13
Season

Oh camping, you've sort of let us down lately. We keep thinking September is going to be the perfect camping season, but have been wrong, wrong, wrong. I'm not sure we'll ever learn our lesson. See you next year... don't forget to bring the rain.



9.16.13
Frame

One of the many frames I had in my cubicle in the office. Apparently, I haven't updated them in a while because most of them were from about 2 years ago. Now that I am working at home I suppose I have no excuse.



9.17.13
In front of me

I don't play with the cats nearly as much as I used to (see: kid), but I took a moment during my lunch to play with them this day. They sort of looked at me like "what the hell is she doing", but finally decided to play along. Poor cats get the shaft far too much.



9.18.13
Vintage

My dad has given me a number of items from when he was younger so I felt like I had a number of things to choose for this prompt. This compass my dad used when he was in the Korean War. My dad was stationed in Germany and helped rebuild bridges that were destroyed during WWII.



9.19.13
What is this?

I suppose this could be considered 'vintage' as well. Years ago I had done some reading on stereoscopes. Shortly after, my uncle pulled the family stereoscope out while I was visiting him with my dad. I went a little nerdy on him talking about these things. Later, he decided to give it to me since I had been so excited about it. There are quite a few different pictures that came with it as well - so very interesting for the late 1800's and early 1900's (and some are so not PC). Plus, I feel a little honored that he gave it to me.



9.20.13
In the morning

Basic Riley ritual these days. Get up, eat, get dressed, go to school. Maybe eat some of my breakfast too.



9.21.13
Rule of Thirds

Hey, is it vintage week or what? I have a thing for old cameras and have a number of them displayed (with the stereoscope, of course). Some I picked up at garage/estate sales, some were gifts from friends who know of my interest, and one was handed down through the family. I've never actually taken any pictures with them, but maybe one day...



9.22.13
Made me smile

Since I started this project back up, I've only taken pictures with the iPad for these prompts. But today was different. I took this picture, but it was with the good camera. We were playing outside enjoying the first day of fall and she was enjoying herself so much. I can't help but smile at this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.