Thursday, December 24, 2015

Project 52 - Merry Christmas - Week 51

51/52

Apparently, I wanted to make up for slacking on my 52 project last week and Christmas overall because I decided to try out a technique which is a little cheesy, but was also a little fun and definitely has a Christmas theme. I recently came across a tutorial on how to add a picture to a snow globe so I thought I would try it out.

Unfortunately, the only snow globe we have is a pink Sophia the Princess one so it's not Christmassy at all, but it was going to have to do. I was going to change the color in Photoshop, but couldn't get it right so I left it as is.

I also realized that I don't have nearly enough pictures of us three together, especially not in winter. I tried several photos, but this one fit the best for a winter theme even though we are in t-shirts. Ha - it's realistic to be in t-shirts when it's snowing, right? Goal for next year: more family photos.


I did most of this in Photoshop, but then went back into Lightroom to add the text as I had some Christmas ones saved there. Basically, I layered three pictures... first the snow globe picture and the family picture (I brushed in the family picture) and then added a snow overlay that I got for free from Florabella and painted that over the snow globe. I finished it up with adding the text I got for free (for a limited time) from Pretty Presets. Oh yeah, and along the way I got rid of the Disney stamp on the base of the globe.

It took me a few tries to get this to look right (and I'm sure could be perfected even more), but it was fun and a new photography challenge that I was able to tackle. This would also be good to do with a shiny bulb ornament on the Christmas Tree. Perhaps next years Christmas card?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.