Friday, December 4, 2015

Project 52 - Thai Food - Week 48

48/52

On our first date just over 10 years ago, Jesse and I talked about how I'd never been to Chiang Mai Thai in Uptown and that he'd probably been there over 100 times. I'd always wanted to go, but it took meeting Jesse for that to happen. We've been many times in the last 10 years, and while we've tried other Thai restaurants, this has always been a favorite. So you can imagine how hard it was for me to break the news to Jesse that they were closing their doors on December 23rd. Luckily, he took it better than expected, but it will be a sad day when we can no longer get our favorite spring rolls there. In the meantime we've upped our visits to the restaurant so we can get our fill before they close.


We headed out earlier this week to fill up on our favorites... fresh spring rolls, pad see yew with shrimp, and laab salad with chicken. I think we might try to visit one more time and I might even try some of the recommendations my co-worker suggested as her favorites. Never too late to try something new.




As much as we will miss this place, there are so many Thai restaurants around town that I'm sure we'll be able to get our fix., but the true test will be if the spring rolls taste remotely as good as Chiang Mai Thai's. They sure are hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.