Thursday, June 2, 2016

Project 52 - Memorial Day - Week 22

22/52

It's been awhile since the lilacs were in bloom over Memorial Day, but it's what I always think of during this time of year. It's probably because we would always bring them to my siblings graves on Memorial Day when I was younger. My parents, sadly, had two babies that died just hours after birth. When my mom passed away she was buried close by so for awhile I would visit all three.

It's been quite some time since I went to these graves and their gravestones showed it. I'll have to go back and clean them up and spend more time at this cemetery when it isn't so crowded. They are buried in a beautiful spot near Lake Calhoun so we stopped by the playground and the beach at the lake beforehand.








Later, we stopped by my dad's house and I planned to swing by my step mom's grave in town on the way out, but I knew that one was being tended to so I let Riley play at a park nearby for a bit instead.





And while there weren't any lilacs, it was nice to blend old and new traditions on this Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.