Sunday, May 29, 2011

99 Things

I randomly came across a blog with the following idea... list 99 things you may or may not have done. I know you are thinking "99 things? Really? You expect me to read through 99 things? Why not 32, or 7? I can commit to 7." Sorry, but it is what it is.

I've basically copied the list, bolded the ones I've done (with some explanations), and am sharing with you. Enjoy.

1. Start your own blog
2. Slept under the stars

Jay Cooke state park

3. Played in a band - no, but in high school a handful of us girls started a band. I think we picked out our name and who would do what, but that was as far as it went. I can't recall the band name, but I am pretty sure I was going to play the keyboard (yeah, it was obviously the '80's).
4. Visited Hawaii

Whale watching in Hawaii with Hawaii Laura who will always be known as Hawaii Laura even though we met in MN and she currently lives in Cali.

5. Watched a meteor shower - I think?
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - given, but more than I can afford? probably not.
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain - I doubt the draaaaiiiinnnnpipe counts.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo - And I can't sing. At all. You will want to avoid listening to me sing at all costs.

11. Bungee jumped - I have no desire to. Ever.
12. Visited Paris - I was stuck in the train station because it was raining and we couldn't store our very large bags in the train station lockers because they were closed due to a bomb watch. We decided to keep traveling on to London. My total Paris experience involved about two hours sitting in a train station. And I'm ok with that.
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child - no, but I am adopted. Unless when you say 'child' you mean 'cat'... then yes I have.
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetable
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train - in Europe.

21.Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch Hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill - I consider it a mental health day.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon - I used to be on the track team in junior high. I was nicknamed the 'baton beauty' because all I wanted to run was the relay 'baton' races, but I wouldn't consider that a marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - wanted to, but they are spendy!
29. Seen a total eclipse - I don't recall, but every time I read this I hear the song 'Total eclipse of the heart' in my head.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset

31.Hit a home run - I am going to bold this even though I am not totally sure I did this, but I played softball long enough that I think I had to at some time.
32. Been on a cruise - and have no intention to.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - I have been to Germany, but not sure if I was in the area my ancestors came from.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - this one was hard to bold. Yes, I have enough money to truly be satisfied. Would I like more money? Yes, please.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David - and went to pretty much every museum while in Florence.

41. Sung karaoke - against my will and only as backup.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted - my brother was an artist and did my portrait in pencil. He drew and painted a number of pictures for me, but my favorite is a ballerina he painted just for me.

Made just for me.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - snorkeling in Belize and the USVI and I can barely swim. It was awesome... especially in Belize. 


52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - not sure if this counts, but my friend, NE Laura, filmed a 5 minutes film called 'The Party' in which I played an art expert who said 'pontificate' a lot.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - Adaia Services. It was a home management/personal assistant business. I still do some work on it from time to time where I help people with their parties. I basically help set up, serve food, and clean up. It sorta dissolved when I received my MS degree.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies - and have eaten my fair share. So much that I should be considered a honorary Girl Scout.
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma - shame on me for not doing this!
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - unfortunately
68. Flown in a helicopter - in Hawaii and it was awesome.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - It was over 10 years ago, but I think I may have.
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. See the Grand Canyon in person - one day I plan to!
80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalen
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - I was playing softball
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - When I was young I was there when my sister and her then husband killed and butchered chickens. I had no desire to help and was a bit mortified by the whole process. My sister, on the other hand, seemed to love it. L.o.v.e. it.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury

91.Met someone famous - quite a few years ago I was in LA with some friends and we went on a couple studio tours. While at one we got to watch an episode of Cheers being filmed... and then ran into John Tesh on the way out. I know you are jealous.
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo - two
94. Had a baby - one

The one and only baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

I would love to see your comments about this. Are there items that should be on this list? Do you want more details of my (apparently) extremely exciting life? Are you jealous that I met John Tesh? Do I say 'awesome' too much? Do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.