Friday, June 15, 2012

June Photo a Day Week 2

Photo a Day inspired by Fat Mum Slim


6/8
Six o'clock

It's pretty common for it to look like a tornado hit our home around the 6 o'clock hour. Cause, you know... we have a 2 year old.



6/9
Your view today

Went to the splash pad for the first time this year and Riley wanted nothing to do with it. I did convince her to run through some water while in my arms, but that turned out to be a fleeting moment that she tolerated the water. Otherwise, it was mostly her standing off to the side on dry ground. As you can see Jesse is standing on the splash pad in hopes that Riley will join him. I actually got soaked thanks to some little girl and the water canon she was playing with.



6/10
Best bit of your weekend

Riley and I decide to go visit papa since she was fussy and daddy was trying to recover from the wine and cheese party. At papa's we hung out in the windy driveway playing mostly with rocks. After hanging at my dad's house we decided to go get lunch. Above, Riley holds papa's hand as we leave Subway. It just melts my heart when she warms up to him. My dad then came over to my house and cleaned out my air conditioning unit even though we were planning on doing it ourselves. But, you know... he'll forever be my dad and want to help. Gotta love him for that.



6/11
Door

Nothing fancy. Just a couple of doors. Glad to be able to have the door open. Loving the nice weather.



6/12
From a low angle

I usually have Riley at home with me all morning on Tuesdays since I don't work until 10:30, but this morning I had a doctor's appointment so I dropped her off at daycare at 8:00. I have to admit I was glad to drop her off at that time because she pretty much whined 2 hours straight that morning. Kiddo had a bit of a cold, and obviously, wasn't feeling well. My doctor appointment ended earlier than I expected so when I got home I walked out into the backyard, laid down in the grass, took this picture... and wanted to spend the rest of the day there. 



6/13
Art

My brother was pretty amazing with the pencil and paint. I have a number of his paintings and most are portraits of people in our family or of cars. This ballerina painting was one he made specifically for me and is a little different than his usual paintings. It's always held a special meaning for me especially now that my brother has passed away. My brother's nickname was Cowboy which even showed up in his paintings as he would hide cowboy hats within the painting. You could tell how many were hidden by the roman numeral under his signature.



6/14
Time

This is Jesse's clock on his nice, neat desk. I consider myself clean and organized, but it seems that my desk usually looks like a hot mess.

See June Photo a Day week 1 and 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.