Saturday, June 23, 2012

June Photo a Day week 3

Photo a Day inspired by Fat Mum Slim


6/15
Yellow

Turns out there isn't a lot of yellow in our lives. I had a hard time finding something at home that was yellow beside this chair. This is Riley's teddy bear that she recently became fond of. She was never one for stuffed animals, but picked this one out of the pile one day and it's been by her companion ever since. 



6/16
Out and About

My husband had to go into work for a bit on this Saturday so I took Riley out shopping with me. She was a little off that morning, but was a superstar at the store. I was so proud of her and she was pretty pleased with the sticker she received at Old Navy. Here we are just wandering around outside the mall. 



6/17
In Your Bag

This would be the weekend bag which is basically my purse and diaper bag all in one. Diapers, coloring pages and crayons, lotion, sweater, wallet, camera, and so much more that you can't see.



6/18
Something we don't know about you

Wow this was a hard one because I don't really think I've kept much in the unknown area (especially since this blog is read mostly by friends and family that know me). I was looking back at old pictures hoping something would stand out and I came across this one of me as a blond. Really blond. This only lasted for  three months as I was never comfortable as a blondie. I was dishwater blond as a kid, but my hair eventually got darker and darker. I'm not sure what got into me to try this, but I was a lot more experimental with my hair in those days. I am thinking this picture was taken in the early 90's - please note the dark lipstick, and heavy eye makeup. Plus I am wearing a leather shoelace around my neck and my favorite sweatshirt. I had that sweatshirt until it was falling apart... and come to think of it I still have a leather shoelace hanging out with my necklace collection. 



6/19
Imperfect

My house had a leak in the ceiling years ago. It was fixed, but there was always a little damage that you could see there. Since the original leak was fixed we've gotten a new roof and my husband scraped down the damage and painted the ceiling. We figured it was nothing to worry about anymore, but on Father's Day we had an unexpected leak in the same spot. The roof above this spot is actually a second story deck and that's where I found my dad on his hand and knees getting all wet on Father's Day. We couldn't find the source of the leak that day, but it leaked the next night when it rained again. My dad came back a couple days later and we finally found a small gap near the door. Thankfully, it was a pretty simple fix. I'm sure we would have figured this one out on our own, but it sure is nice to have the dad I do to help with these things.



6/20
Fave photo you've ever taken

I decided that my favorite picture would probably have to have Riley in it, but I couldn't decide on just one. If I had to pick I would go with the one where she is wearing the outfit with "auntie" on it and she has a funny smirk. It was just one of those moments that I didn't realize I was capturing. It still makes my husband and I laugh whenever we look at that picture. 



6/21
Where you slept

Once upon a time I had a pretty bed. It had decorative pillows (not too many) and a decorative throw. I made the bed every morning and loved getting into a 'made' bed at night. Then I had a kid.

See June Photo a Day week 1, and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.