Thursday, September 24, 2015

Project 52 - Lost Tooth - Week 38


38/52

A few days ago Riley's second tooth came out and as you can see in the picture below she has two adult teeth on their way in. Not sure where they will fit. To be honest I'm afraid she will have my teeth. I know I've said it before, but she was just born into a line of crappy teeth.

I'm envisioning braces in the future and just hope that her teeth aren't too wonky until we get to that spot which I imagine is years away. When I was a kid, I had a retainer for a couple years, braces for a couple years, and another retainer for a couple years after that. Hopefully, she doesn't have to go through that. I mean, she's already dealing with her capped 'jaws' teeth. We better start a 'dental' fund just in case.


Anyhoo, I have hope because with all the work I've had completed on my teeth they are now fine. The bottom are a little crooked (because apparently those extra 2 years of a retainer where not enough), but otherwise healthy. I haven't had a cavity in forever and can't tell you the last time I had to have my teeth pulled. Oh yeah, my wisdom teeth, but that was almost 20 years ago.

The Tooth Fairy came again. She brought a letter and a dollar for the first tooth and I tried to prepare Riley that she didn't bring a letter every time. Instead, she brought a dollar with a painted glittery heart on it. Hasn't anyone told her that I think it's illegal to deface a dollar bill? Riley was a little stunned in the morning, perhaps wondering where the letter was, but still pleased with the fancy money she received.

I guess I will have to wait a few more years to see how this whole adult teeth thing plays out. It sucks that she's already had issues, but I will take this over other major health issues. At least my kid is healthy and happy. That I am grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.