Monday, November 16, 2015

Halloween

So yeah, Halloween was a couple weeks ago and I am finally getting around to posting something about it. Nothing too exciting happened. Riley went to a party at her friend's house the week before, her school had a party that I was able to make it to, and then the grandparents came over to go trick or treating with us.

Riley with two of her best friends

Earlier on Saturday, Riley and I decided to play with chalk which seemed like a good idea until the next day when we had chalk smeared all over our front steps (and then it didn't rain for weeks so it remained smeared with chalk until I finally washed it off... and then it rained the next day. Go figure).












Jesse carved the pumpkin, and Riley and I made a few ghosts to hang on the house, but that was the extent of our decorations. Our new (childless) neighbors went all out and dressed up... and put a poster in their window that I was even scared of. Here I was worried the mummy I drew on the sidewalk was too spooky for a small child. I didn't hear any kids go screaming from the neighbors house so it's probably more a reflection that I get scared easier than a 4 year old.

Riley was originally going to be a pirate, and then something else... I can't remember. I decided to take her to Target and go from there. She knew who Cleopatra was from one of her favorite cartoons so we went with that. It was fun to see how many of the neighbors figured out who she was and she loved showing off her costume.


And that was that. Happy belated Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.