Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Jacey's Senior Pictures

Three years ago I decided that I wanted to take photography more seriously. I wanted to start taking picture in manual, learn more about how to take different types of pictures... I wanted to be more skilled at photography. I sort of eased in to it and then my sister in law asked me to take pictures of her daughter, Jolynn. I told her she probably wanted to use a professional, but she insisted and I suddenly had to make sure I knew what I was doing.

It was just the thing I needed to move forward and get better... and I've continued to work on it since then. So recently, when I was asked to take Joylnn's sister's senior pictures I felt a lot more confident in my skills to do so and agreed to it without hesitation.

It doesn't seem that long ago that Jacey was that spirited little girl running around at family gatherings. I'm amazed that she's going to be a senior in high school, but not surprised at the wonderful young woman she's become. I was so honored to be able to capture these pictures and she was the perfect model. Seriously, she's gorgeous... and that beautiful smile - don't get me started.






I'd been wanting to take pictures in an interesting area and knew Northeast Minneapolis was probably the place. I am familiar with the area since I used to live there, but I still 'drove' around Google maps street view to determine where I wanted to go. Northeast Minneapolis has a ton of interesting areas and I want to go back and explore more of them.





My sister in law, Jodi, came along and she was tremendous help... holding my camera bag, making sure Jacey's shirt or hair were just where they needed to be. If I ever did this professionally, I'd totally hire her to be my assistant.



FYI: these are not active train tracks. No lives were put at risk. No laws broken.





After wandering around Northeast Minneapolis neighborhoods, we headed over to Boom Island park.


Thank you slightly windy day for bringing us this wonderful hair blown moment.






Even mom got in the pictures. Every daughter should have a picture with her mom.



Such a great experience. I'm only bummed that John and Jodi didn't have more kids for me to take pictures of. :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a variety of pictures, they are all great, very beautiful young lady

    ReplyDelete

Love to see your comments.