Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spelling Time

Riley LOVES the alphabet and could repeat it over and over and over (as she has multiple times today). Occasionally, we work with Riley on spelling words too. There are a few words she recognizes in her books, but I'm sure that's more about story memory than word recognition. Regardless, we will spell out lots of words with her including her name. She has a place mat and a cup with her name on it so when those are out it seems like a prime opportunity to work with her on it.




Earlier this week she was playing with her cup when I pointed to it and said "R.I.L.E.Y. Riley". She intently listened to me while looking at the cup and when I was done she looked up at me and said "E.F.G.H.I.J. Mommy". Haha. So Cute... and so close, I might add. She gave me 6 letters and 'Mommy' is 6 letters. Brilliant.

Ok, so maybe it wasn't even close, but she'll get there. In the meantime I plan on singing the alphabet song with her as many times as she wants me to. And from now on you can just call me EFGHIJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.