Thursday, April 30, 2015

Project 52 - ClickinWalk 2015 - Week 17

17/52

This past weekend I did something completely out of my comfort zone. I met up with a bunch of strangers for a walk. Introverted me plus strangers usually equals a big 'no' especially, if I don't have at least one person I know. Of course, it wasn't just any walk - it was the 2015 Clickinwalk put on by Clickin Moms. I told myself I was going to challenge myself this year with my photography so this seemed like a good way to do so while possibly making connections with local photographers. I knew there would be a combination of professional and hobbyists, but I still found it a bit intimidating. I was a little nervous leading up to the day, but when Saturday came around I didn't think about it too much. I just went.

And guess what? I was ok. I didn't acquire a new photography BFF, but I did just fine connecting with people and even went for drinks and appetizers afterward with some of the group. This has also motivated me to check out Clickin Mom's forums more often too (which I have been terrible at doing) because now I recognize the names of people I met.

We met at the Walker Sculpture Gardens in Minneapolis (along with hundreds of prom goers we weren't expecting) and walked around for about an hour and a half. It was nice to be out for the sole purpose of taking pictures, but I have to admit I can't wait to bring Riley and Jesse to see this park (they've never been).

Honestly? I can't wait to do this again next year and perhaps see faces I already know, but also meet some more strangers. I took a lot of pictures so for more of my walk click here.










There is also a contest associated with this walk that I may or may not enter (not sure what pictures to submit), but it's been fun to see other people post their pictures in the forum and see how different or similar they are to mine. I've learned so much just by viewing those other pictures. It's good to find my (photography loving) people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.