Monday, January 11, 2016

My Project 52

When I started out to do a Project 52 I wanted it to be a means of growth for me in using my DSLR. There certainly have been weeks when I simply took a picture of my daughter around the house, but there were many weeks that I tried something new and that has been exciting for me. There are plenty of times I feel like I'm not growing, that my pictures could be far better, but then I realize I can refer to this project and see all the growth that happened over the past year.

I've been able to mark off some photography goals and feel more confident in my skills, but still have a lot to learn. As I mentioned previously, I debated about doing this project again, but that's been settled for me and I'm moving forward with another year. But before I talk about some of the things I would like to challenge myself to in the next year, I'd like to review some of the things I challenged myself to this past year:

I started with a little freelensing...


I learned how to use long exposure to take pictures of sparklers...


and how to use long exposure to capture the stars...


I took pictures from different perspectives...


and braved taking pictures where I normally wouldn't...


I completed a fun panoramic with multiple Riley's...


and went on a couple photo walks with strangers


For the next year, I hope to try shooting the stars again, and also try the panoramic with Riley in a different area, but I want to try things I didn't get to this year like light painting, steel wool spinning, multiple exposure, the Brenizer Method (actually I tried this, but never posted), and maybe even rent some different lenses like a macro (so I can try something like this).

And, of course, I'll take lots of pictures of Riley too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.