Sunday, April 8, 2012

April Photo a Day - Week 1

Week 1 of April Photo a Day inspired by Fat Mum Slim



4/1
Your Reflection

We've been doing some work on our kitchen. Actually, my husband has been doing most of the work while I've run after a 2 year old. Regardless of that fact, I identify with being the one who is very involved in home remodeling. So when I saw Riley playing with the tools I immediately thought that she was a mini reflection of me.  And, please never mind the chisel she has in her hand. It's dull. I swear.



4/2 
Colour

Children bring a lot of color into your life (in so many ways). My life hasn't had this much (visual) color since the 80's.



4/3
Mail

Red house. Red mail box. I think it's pretty clear I like the color red. 



4/4
Someone Who Makes You Happy

So I actually took this picture on 4/5, but I had every intention of taking it on 4/4. 4/4 was a fail picture day, but the next couple days felt like that too. It felt a little more like an obligation than something to do for fun... or for a challenge. At any rate, I like this picture above because I know that she was dancing and singing "Ring Around The Rosie" and this is where she fell down... her favorite part. This kid makes me happy beyond words.



4/5
Tiny

As noted above, this day felt a little forced. I was taking a picture because I had to, but I didn't really challenge myself. This one could have been really fun, but I'm not going to worry about it. It turned out in the end. The turtle is tiny... and I am moving on.



4/6
Lunch

OMG. How pitiful am I? Totally forgot to take a picture of my lunch... which I wasn't very excited about anyway. I've been without a stove for a week and a half so I have been eating out a little bit more than usual. A couple hours after lunch I snuck my camera out of my purse and took a quick picture of the remaining evidence of my lunch (and breakfast and snack, actually)... and totally got busted by my co-worker who was all like "did you just take a picture of your garbage?"



4/7
Shadow

Ok, this day I was back on track with being inspired to take my picture of the day, but I was worried I might not be able to get a good shadow shot as it started out as a rainy, gloomy day. Luckily, the sun came out and I was able to get this picture while we were out flying a kite.

See April Photo a Day week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.