Saturday, April 14, 2012

April Photo a Day - Week 2

April Photo a Day inspired by Fat Mum Slim



4/8
Inside your wallet

It may look like I have a lot of credit cards, but those are likely punch cards from various restaurants downtown. Or Starbucks gift cards. My company liked to give those out for awhile so I have several, but I'm not a coffee drinker. I know they have other things than coffee, but I never think to go there. Note to self...



4/9
Younger you

My brother drew this picture of me years ago. The original photo came from 1985 and as you can see he took a few liberties with the drawing when he removed my braces and apparently plucked my eyebrows. This drawing was in the earlier days of my brother's talent and if you saw his more recent work you would be awed by the difference. My brother passed away a few years ago so drawings like this are pretty precious to me.



4/10
Cold

It was a cold day so I was tempted to take a picture outside, but that would have meant I would have had to go outdoors and I was cold enough as it was. I decided to take a picture of the inside of the fridge because... well, it's cold in there too. Apparently, Riley is trying to steal my Picture a Day idea.



4/11
Where you ate breakfast

Usually I eat breakfast at the table with my kid, but she and my husband finished eating before I got around to it. For many years there wasn't really any reason for me to have a dining room table because this was where I would eat. This, or the couch. I know, not a great habit, but now that we have a kid the table gets a lot more usage.



4/12
Stairs

I sooooo want a do over for this day. I had a plan to take a very different picture. This was the day I went to the Twin's game so I was going to take a picture of the stadium steps, but only remembered once we were driving away from the stadium. *sigh* So sad. I came home and snapped off a few pictures of both indoor stairs and decided to go with this one even though I think it looks so cold... and almost not like my house. This is not the feeling I get when I go up these stairs. Oh well.



4/13
Something you found

When I arrived at work this day I found this word find puzzle at my desk. It's just one of the many things my company provides to help lighten up the crazy times of the quarter. Usually things like this go untouched because I'm so busy, but this day provided me with a number of breathers that allowed me to finish this.



4/14
How you feel today

So I took a number of pictures of myself hoping to capture that "today's another day... a good day, nothing great, but nothing bad" emotion and this was the closest I got. The other pictures? Well, they made me look sad or scared. Apparently, I don't have a good feel on the facial emotions I am expressing. Clearly, I'd never make it as a convincing actress. 

See April Photo a Day week 1 and 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.