Monday, May 28, 2012

Random Roundup

I apologize in advance for the photo dump. I'm trying to get caught up with what we have done recently. 

We finally decided to get a family membership to the zoo after Riley started asking to go there each time we left the house. Riley's favorite area is the farm which allows you to get pretty close to the animals. 






This picture doesn't do justice to this bull. He looked twice as big in person.



Haha... see me in there trying to get Riley to put her face up to the hole. It sort of worked. 



There are a couple playgrounds at the zoo and they are just as much of a pull as the animals... if not more.




This was heaven for her. She would stop, yell out the alphabet, go down the slide, run back, and start the loop all over again... and again... and again. I'm guessing she did this close to 20 times. I'm not kidding. I had to really convince her to go see some animals. 


Trying to find the tigers.



Lunchtime




Looking for Nemo.

Other random photos taken recently:


Weather in Minnesota can be a little weird sometimes... 60 degrees one day, 90 the next. We've had a couple of these really warm days thrown into our May weather so it seemed like a good excuse to bring out the water table and pool. 


Jesse recently brought Riley to an indoor pool where he had to pay like 16 buck for both of them only to have Riley freak out the moment her toes hit the water. I was hoping that she might ease into water if she saw this tiny pool. She wanted nothing to do with it... until I told her it was an outdoor tub.Whenever we are outside now she asks to go into the 'tub'.




Tuesday I was happy to come home to this in the driveway. Sure, Jesse wrote it, but see how some of the letters are outlined in pink? That's all Riley.


One of little misses many faces. My favorite new one is the fake pout. I haven't been able to really catch it on camera (below is what I would dub a semi-fake pout), but it is one of the saddest faces I've seen (and so clearly fake).



We were making faces and having fun, but them she remembered she was on the potty and started whining to get off the toilet. She hasn't been too keen on potty training, but this week she's constantly telling me that she 'pooped'. I've come to realize that this means she might have peed, tooted, or pooped or is about to pee, toot, or poop. Yet, she still doesn't want to sit on the potty. I take this as a positive sign that she is becoming a little more aware of what's going on down there.


We often make faces in the mirror after bath time. She was all about me taking our picture this day.

Riley knows her colors quite well, but I sometimes still ask her what color certain things are. Recently she was in the bath with her purple elephant and yellow duck bath toys. I asked her "what color is the elephant?" She replied "umm, purple". After also correctly identifying the color of the duck I asked her what color she was. She looked down at her body and responded with "um, orange". Lol. Well, yes, I guess you are kinda orange. I then asked her what color I was and, after looking me up and down, she told me "um, black". Uh, sure. I was wearing black pants. Makes sense. BTW, daddy was also "black" as he was wearing a black shirt.

Up next? Another trip to the zoo. I thought I wouldn't have any reason to take anymore pictures there, but I guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to see your comments.